Oh my goodness!
Bacon Chocolate Chunk Cookies! (Basic recipe from Bulletproof Recipe Lab)
Keto Bacon Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Prep Time: 15 min.
Total Time: 45 min.
Makes: 16 delicious cookies
- 2 cups cashew flour (I blend raw cashews in the vitamix.)
- 3 tbsp. grass-fed butter
- 3 tbsp. Collagen Protein. (I like the Bulletproof Brand.
- Stevia (I put in a dropper of organic stevia.)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pastured egg
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup high quality, dark chocolate, chopped. (I use a dark chocolate bar and used half of it.)
- 4 pieces of cooked chopped Nitrate-free Bacon
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line one baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add the cashew flour, collagen protein, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
- Pour the apple cider vinegar directly on top of the baking powder and allow it to react (it will go fizzy).
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir to combine evenly.
- Taste the dough and adjust the sweetness if needed.
- Begin rolling the mixture into balls and place them onto the lined baking tray.
- Press the balls as flat as you like, they won’t rise much, so if you like them softer and chewier keep them quite full. However, if you like a crunchier cookie, press them quite flat using your hands to shape them.
- Place the cookies in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven when they’re ready and place the cookies on a wire cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container when completely cooled.