I started making ghee a few months ago when I decided to increase the fat in my diet. I LOVE IT! I blend it in my morning coffee with coconut oil. I sauteed apple and nuts in ghee to add to my breakfast. I sauteed tofu, cashews and rosemary in it for an afternoon snack. It makes everything delicious!
Adding more fat to your diet, helps your hormones stay in balance.
- Ghee has a high smoke point. It is excellent to cook with.
- Ghee is rich in Vitamin A, D and E.
- Ghee can be used by people with dairy sensitivity. The lactose and casein is removed during the straining process.
- Ghee made from happy grass fed cows contain CLA, Conjugated linoleic acid. CLA may actually reduce blood pressure, cholesterol and tumors. It has also been helpful in weight loss, reducing inflammation and body fat.
- Ghee contains Butyrate which may improve colon health and digestion.
The best part, it is DELICIOUS and you can keep it on your counter in a pretty Ball jar!
It is easy to make ghee. Take a pound of organic unsalted butter, (grass fed butter is even better) and put it in a pot on a low temperature. I let it cook for about 15 minutes and strain it through cheese cloth to remove all of the toxins from the butter. My friend Dr. Deb Kern has a great video on making ghee. She loves to chant and send out goodness while the ghee is simmering. It is a spiritual practice for her.