Everyone wants to look good. In order to look good you need to take care of the inside as well. Today’s post is about STRONG HEALTHY BONES.
Postmenopausal can experience a significant amount of bone loss the first ten years after menopause. It is so important to eat well, take high quality supplements and do weight bearing exercises.
- Eat a low-glycemic diet to avoid spiking your blood sugar. It is important to eat some protein and some fat with all meals to maintain normal blood sugar.
- Gluten sensitivity might be a problem, I would avoid grains as well.
- Eat plenty of vegetables and some fruit, (I love berries in my morning smoothies.)
- Eat calcium-rich foods, nuts, organic or raw cheeses, salmon, dark green vegetables are wonderful. (Sardines with bones are great but personally I don’t enjoy them.)
- Multi-vitamin/Mineral Supplement
- Vitamin D (good to get you levels checked)
- Fish oil
- Digestive Enzyme
- Fiber (drink lots of water)
It is so important to buy the best pharmaceutical grade supplements that you can. These are what my family and I take. I highly recommend them! Your bones will thank you:)
I can’t leave you without a workout video for strong healthy bones. Have fun with this one!