Do you have a weekly meal plan?
I cook about the same every week. I try my best to eat in season. I change up the vegetables and herbs depending on what was at the Farmer’s Market, or in the CSA box that week.
Having a plan makes shopping easy. I shop once a week at Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s. I just go through the aisles and buy the same thing I also love Thrive Market. We eat what I buy so there is very little waste.
Here is a typical week of dinners.
- Saturday: White rice, vegetables, cod (Click here to read why I eat white rice instead of brown rice.)
- Sunday: Banza chickpea pasta, chicken sausage, vegetables
- Monday: Shrimp, sweet potatoes, vegetables
- Tuesday: Chicken Fajitas(I marinate enough chicken thighs so I can have it on Thursday as well.) I serve with grain free Siete Chips.
- Wednesday: Scallops, rice, vegetables
- Thursday: Chicken Fajitas
- Friday: Pizza Night! Amy’s cheese-less pizza, chicken sausage, vegetables
I cook in portion sizes. I cook for four. Full disclosure, sometimes the three of us eat the whole thing. Or I save one serving for Tom’s lunch the next day. The beauty of it all is cooking time is about 20 minutes.
Lately, I have been buying a whole organic chicken, pasture raised when I can find it. I make pulled chicken for lunches, and save the bones to make bone broth. I love the efficiency and no waste in the process! During the week, I cook rice in the homemade bone broth. The broth is so good for you and it adds great flavor to the white rice.
I love having a plan and knowing what’s for dinner. My special needs son Tom will ask me what’s for dinner. If I don’t have an answer he will keep asking. He has made me organized! I now have less stress around dinner. I am also working on eating earlier. The plan is to eat at 6 pm. I need to start cooking at 5:40. I can usually get in on the table in 20 minutes or at least in 30!
I love having my IPAD on my kitchen windows so I can watch Garden Answers or Grace and Frankie for the third time! It makes kitchen time fun!
I hope this was helpful to you. Do you have a meal plan?. Please post a comment. I love hearing about your everyday life.