Step one to Feeling Better in last week’s blog was to get clear on what you really want.
1. Get Clear About What You Really Want And Journal. It is very powerful to start writing your thoughts down. I have been listening to Marie Forleo’s Everything is Figure Outable. She has an exercise in her book where she has you answer the question; What do you really want? Every day for 7 days, finish this sentence in writing. I really want… After the 7 days, go back and circle the ideas that repeated for you. I have gotten a clearer picture on what I want. Being focused is an energy saver
I thought it would be powerful to share what I really want.
This is what came up for me. I really want. I want to be calmer, feel more fulfilled, and happier. My plan is do the following to help me reach my goals.
- A clean simple natural home. I love to come home to a clean orderly house. The beds are made. The kitchen sink is clean. The bathrooms are orderly with towels neatly hanging. I use natural cleaning products.
- OutdoorFit to continue to be more than a typical boot camp. Being Fit and Healthy is an act of personal power. It creates independence and self reliance. I want my OutdoorFit ladies to continue to be strong, healthy, fit, and empowered regardless of their age.
- A better relationship with my husband. Dan and I have been married for 42 years and have a good relationship. It is always a work in progress.
- More Creativity. I want to keep writing a weekly blog post. It feels like an important exercise for me. I have been enjoying adding my colored sharpie art work. I love being around creative people. I need to be creative too!
- More time spent in nature. We had a family house on a lake in Vermont which we sold. I really miss being in the country. For now, I intend to hike in the woods and take walks on the beach.
- Better self care. I take pretty good care of myself. I get massages and chiropractic adjustments. I would like more of it and to commit to daily meditation.
- More coffee dates with friends. I love Jerry Seinfield’s Comedians in Cars getting Coffee. It feels like the perfect thing to do. Pick up your friend in an old car, have coffee, laugh and take a walk. This morning, I picked up my friend Ivone in my Honda CR-V drove to the beach, and walked the boardwalk. Afterwards we had a delicious breakfast. You always laugh with Ivone. I am working on the idea of having an old car.
I am sure this list will change. For now, it feels right. My hope is that I will feel calmer, more fulfilled and happier. I will be able to perform at a higher level and to create a better life for myself and the people around me.
What do you really want? I encourage you to spend time to figure it out. I would love to hear what your list is.
I love your the courage and honesty of your blogs. Thank you.
I have so much of what I want and gratitude flows easily every day.
I have: a loving family; great friends that share their hopes, dreams; disappointments; struggles and joys with me – and I with them; great health and energy; dancing – one of my passions – as a regular part of my life; travel adventures; a relationship with the divine; the desire to grow and learn every day; and a peaceful home that is my safe haven.
What do I want?
I want a life partner to share all of who I am and my amazing life. I know this person will appear when I’m ready. In the meantime, I love my life and only will invite a man who will add to the joy and intimacy of my already wonderful life. I trust in God’s timing and my desire and willingness to do my inner work that paves the way for his entrance.
I want more self discipline to paint and write daily. Only I can take the bull by the horns with this one. My plan is to make appointments with myself to create. A friend gave me a book, “Wild Words” that’s about this topic. I’m reading it now. She’s inspiring. With a newborn – she made time to write, even if it was for 5-10 minutes! I often have that attitude with exercise. Every movement counts. So does every word I write. Now to pick up that paintbrush…
I want to be outside more often – walks along the beach and in the woods, or parks. Like Nike says, “Just Do It.” We live in this amazing area with so much natural beauty surrounding us. It might be easier to schedule with a friend. That will take some thinking of who’s available? Otherwise, I’ll go alone and take in the beauty and silence.
The way I see it, I’m the only one in the way of anything I want. That’s powerful.
Have a meaningful Thanksgiving, Mary!
Many blessings, Vicky
I love this! You are so clear about what you want and you have taken the time to be grateful for what you have.
5-10 minutes can be very powerful and it is a start to so much more.
I love your attitude about attracting a life partner. That person will make his entrance when the time is right. I love how you love yourself and are constantly learning and growing, He will be the icing on a delicious cake or maybe it is the fudge sauce on your daily scoop of ice cream!
I would love to take a walk with you. I will reach out soon.
I love that you are in my life.
Many blessings to you,
Thank you, Mary! You’re inspiring and so glad you’re in my life!
Pingback: Is a quiet simple life mediocre? | MARY KININGHAM