I enjoy inspiring women to be strong, healthy and fit so they can live empowered fulfilled lives. It is important to put your body first. How do you feel in your body today? Are you cranky and agitated? It is important to lead from a calm and centered place. I have so much extra energy at times which is not always a good thing. I love working out because it calms me and I feel so much better when I am done. Over exercising is not a good idea though. There are other ways to ground yourself.
10 Tips to a Balanced Grounded Life.
How to Feel Better?
1. Get Clear About What You Really Want And Journal. It is very powerful to start writing your thoughts down. I have been listening to Marie Forleo’s Everything is Figure Outable. She has an exercise in her book where she has you answer the question; What do you really want? Every day for 7 days, finish this sentence in writing. I really want… After the 7 days, go back and circle the ideas that repeated for you. I have gotten a clearer picture on what I want. Being focused is an energy saver!
2. Go Outside. Garden, Compost, Walk, and of course OutdoorFit is an excellent option. Have you heard of Forest Bathing? The Japanese consider it plant medicine. It is called shinrin-yoku. Forest Bathing is walking in the woods and breathing in the forest air. It has amazing health benefits. It improves your gut biome, boosts immunity, reduces stress hormones, blood pressure and heart rate. It just makes you feel better!
3. Eat Organic Food. Focus on vegetables and protein. Buy the highest quality food that you can afford. What you put in your mouth truly matters. I love starting my day with a cup of organic bulletproof coffee and ending it with a lovely glass of organic wine.
4. Practice Gratitude. It is easy to practice gratitude when life is going well. It is also so important to find blessings in the struggles. Life will feel lighter when you practice gratitude.
5. Read Daily. It is an effort for me to sit down and read a book. I am now committed to reading at least 10 minutes every morning. I’m currently reading Dave Asprey’s Game Changers. I have picked up a lot of great ideas from the successful people profiled in the book, just by reading 10 minutes daily.
6. Meditate. I am working on meditating 20 minutes a day. It has been very helpful. I am calmer. Meditation activates the parasympathetic nervous system. Leading from place of calm instead of having a fight or flight response is very powerful.
7. Declutter. Start getting rid of the things that you no longer love or serve a function for you. Check out my post about my closet. I feel so much better with less!
8. Create a simple cleaning schedule. This has been so helpful to me. I spend a little time everyday cleaning. It makes me happy to come home to a clean simple home. Dust your baseboards once in a while. You will sleep better.
9. Say Something Nice To Someone. Be a cheerleader! Stop talking about yourself and start asking questions. Pay attention to how it makes you feel.
10. Get a good night sleep. This is always a work in progress. Shut off the electronics, have a cup of tea, or take an epsom salt bath before you go to bed.
How do you practice self care? What is important to you? I would love to hear what is working for you!
Love it, Mary!
See you tomorrow!
Thanks Vicky! It is always a work in progress isn’t it?