I have been doing a lot of work the past 6 weeks. Letting go of stuff. If you follow me on social media you know I have been involved with a minimalist challenge. The first month it was a task a day like clean out your junk drawer. This month it is to donate, recycle or trash each day of the month. June 1 is one item. June 30 is 30 items. It feels really wonderful to have clean emptied closets. Not completely emptied. I held on to a few things that “spark joy”
The process has brought clarity. What is important? What brings me happiness and a coziness to my life?
There certainly has been a shift for me.
- I have an easy cleaning schedule.
- A clean house
- A clean car
- A clean tool shed!
- A clean desk.
- An organized Junk drawer
- I have embraced a lighter simple diet with lots of fruit and vegetables.
- I feel calmer.
- I feel good about my closet and my minimalist wardrobe. Fitness is my Fashion Statement!
- I love open spaces.
- I have a heightened awareness around gift giving. I love functional simple gifts.
- Less is more…buy what you need.
- Bonus Round! I have released 4 pounds this month that have been hanging on!!
An added joy is to go outside, pick basil and kale from my cute little manageable garden.
This morning I made a kale, basil and lime smoothie. I added cauliflower to thicken it up. I use a whey protein powder from happy grass fed cows.
A great way to start my day!
What brings you joy and happiness? Are you holding on to stuff that doesn’t serve you? I would love to hear from you!