Cashew Vanilla Cookies that you can have for breakfast! No grains, No sugar! These cookies won’t spike your blood sugar. They are super easy to make. I use a bowl and a wooden spoon to mix or get messy and just use your hands.
* INGREDIENTS *
- 2 cup cashew flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3 TBS unflavored protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract ( non alcohol )
- ½ cup grassfed butter ( room temp )
- 1 tsp liquid stevia
* INSTRUCTIONS *
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix everything in a bowl, forget the spatula and just use your hands.
- Form into little bites ( about 24 ) and place on parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Press lightly with fork.
- Bake until golden brown ( about 20 minutes ).
Added Treat! I make sandwich cookies. The filling is a non-dairy cream cheese. I like kite hill almond cream cheese. Sometimes, I use goat cheese cream cheese. I whip a tsp of maple extract and a tsp of stevia into the cream cheese with a fork.
Grain Free and super low sugar delcious chocolate chunk cookies! The sugar comes from the dark chocolate bar. I am committed to a healthy December and 2018! I don’t want to repeat last January of no sugar, no gluten, no alcohol because I over did the Holidays! I hope you will join me in a healthy, happy, and cozy December!
Here is a fabulous cookie recipe from Bulletproof. You don’t need to bake the cookies that your Grandmother made. These are so easy, all you need is a spoon and a bowl to mix. Quick and easy is how we like it! Start a new tradition of your own! Thomas loves them too!
Keto Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 15 min.
Total Time: 45 min.
Makes: 16 delicious cookies
- 2 cups blanched organic almond or hazelnut meal
- 3 tbsp. grass-fed Bulletproof Ghee or butter
- 3 tbsp. Bulletproof Collagen Protein
- Stevia or birch tree-sourced xylitol to taste. (I put in a dropper of stevia.)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pastured egg
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup high quality, sugar-free chocolate, chopped. (I bought a very dark chocolate bar and used half of it.)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F. Grease and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Add the almond meal, collagen protein, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
- Pour the apple cider vinegar directly on top of the baking powder and allow it to react (it will go fizzy).
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir to combine evenly.
- Taste the dough and adjust the sweetness if needed.
- Begin rolling the mixture into balls and place them onto the lined baking tray.
- Press the balls as flat as you like, they won’t rise much, so if you like them softer and chewier keep them quite full. However, if you like a crunchier cookie, press them quite flat using your hands to shape them.
- Place the cookies in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven when they’re ready and place the cookies on a wire cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container when completely cooled.
Serving Size: 1 cookie (about 33g)
Total fat 11g
Sat Fat 3g
Total Carb 12g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 1%